Liverpool will be back in action on Thursday night as they host Arsenal in a Carabao Cup first leg semifinal match.
The match was supposed to be played last week but a Covid-19 outbreak in the Liverpool camp meant the match had to be postponed.
Ahead of the clash, here are 10 interesting facts;
- This is Liverpool’s 18th League Cup semi-final. Only Tottenham Hotspur (19) have appeared in more
- There has been only one previous semi-final meeting between the clubs in the League Cup, with Liverpool winning 2-1 over two legs in 1978
- This will be the first occasion in League Cup history that Liverpool have faced the same club in three successive seasons
- The Reds have played seven previous semi-final first legs at home in this competition, winning five and drawing two
- Liverpool have lost only one of the 15 semi-final first legs they have played at Anfield in any competition – that came in the 1970-71 Fairs Cup when they lost 1-0 to Leeds United
- If Takumi Minamino scores he will become only the fifth player to net in four successive Liverpool games in the competition
- In 21 League Cup games under Jürgen Klopp, 78 different players have been used – the last being Billy Koumetio in the win against Leicester City in the previous round
- Three Reds players have started all three League Cup fixtures this season: Joe Gomez, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Minamino
- Twice before Liverpool have defeated Arsenal and gone on to lift the League Cup
- Alisson Becker and Thiago Alcantara are yet to play their first game for the club in the League Cup
Catch Liverpool vs Arsenal live updates on Futaa!