The English Premier League returns this weekend after a two-week break to allow for the international break.
There will be two new faces on the dugout this weekend as Frank Lampard and Roy Hodgson make a return to Premier League management.
Lampard will be in charge of the Everton hot seat, replacing Rafa Benitez who was shown the door after a poor run.
Hodgson, on the other end, will be managing his sixth Premier League club with only Sam Allardyce ahead of him with eight.
Here are some facts about Premier League managers;
- NINE different managers have won the Premier League title
- Everton’s Frank Lampard is among those who have won the PL title as a player and then managed a club in the competition. Bryan Robson was the first to do so.
- Roy Hodgson has taken charge of his sixth PL club, joining Watford. Sam Allardyce is the only man with a higher total, with eight.
- Alan Pardew has been in charge of Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Charlton Athletic, and West Ham
- Osvaldo Ardiles was the first Premier League manager from outside the United Kingdom and Ireland
- Glenn Hoddle has managed Chelsea, Tottenham, and Southampton in the Premier League
- Les Reed, while at Charlton, had the fewest days as a permanent manager in charge of a Premier League club
- Brazil has had only one Premier League manager
- When Ryan Mason became the youngest manager in Premier League history in 2020/21, beating Attilio Lombardo’s record
- Harry Redknapp, Jose Mourinho, and Howard Kendall have had two separate spells as permanent Premier League managers at the same club
Catch all Premier League news on Futaa!