Chelsea’s FA Cup campaign will continue this weekend as they face League One side Plymouth at Stamford Bridge.
Here is all you need to know ahead of the clash;
Chelsea vs Plymouth head to head
- It’s nearly 33 years since the two sides played in a competitive match
- Plymouth’s last victory (1-2) against Chelsea came at the Bridge in September 1979 in a League Cup second-round match
- Since his first FA Cup appearance in January 2018, Callum Hudson-Odoi has been involvled in more goals in the competition than any other Chelsea player (Four goals, four assists)
- In the Blues last game against Chesterfield, Chelsea led for the first time with four or more goals at halftime since 2018 against Hull, also in the FA Cup
- Againast Chesterfield, Chelsea scored five goals in an FA Cup match for the first time since beating Man City 5-1 at the Bridge
- In the Roman Abramovich era since June 2003, Chelsea have only failed to reach the fifth round twice
- The first was in 2010/11 when they went out to Everton at Stamford Bridge on a penalty shoot-out. The other was against Bradford City, who were the last team from a lower division to beat chelsea in the competition, in 2015 at Stamford Bridge
- Thomas Tuchel’s side are unbeaten at Stamford Bridge in 14 matches in all competitions since the 0-1 defeat by Manchester City in September (eight wins, six draws).
- The last time Plymouth progressed from the fourth round was in 2006/07 when they were in the Championship
- Since they were relegated from the Championship in 2010, Plymouth have spent their seasons in either League One or League Two
- Steven Schumacher’s side picked up their first League One win since Boxing Day as they came from behind to triumph at bottom-placed Doncaster last weekend
- Plymouth are currently seventh in League One, three points off the play-offs (with a game in hand) and 12 behind leaders Rotherham
- Plymouth play their home games at the 18,000-capacity Home Park, which has been their ground since 1901
- 37-year-old manager Steven Schumacher will take charge of a side against Chelsea for the first time
- Plymouth have failed to keep a clean sheet in eight of their last 10 games on the road stretching back to the beginning of November.
Catch Chelsea vs Plymouth live updates on Futaa!