Brighton attacker Leandro Trossard says any plans for a January departure won’t be considered until after the World Cup.
The 27-year-old has been linked with Chelsea following former boss Graham Potter to Stamford Bridge, and has done his chances of a move no harm with his recent form for the Seagulls.
Trossard has notched five goals and one assist in the Premier League this season, including a hat-trick at Anfield in a 3-3 draw with Liverpool.
The Belgium international has previously said he would want to join Chelsea “if the opportunity arises”, but would not settle for a place on the bench.
Asked again about a move to Chelsea, Trossard told Play Sports: “It’s very difficult to answer that. That will have to wait until [after the World Cup].
“I’m not on it at all right now. Brighton and the World Cup are the next goals. Afterwards, we’ll see where it ends.”
Trossard is expected to be part of Roberto Martinez’s Belgium squad for the World Cup, which starts on November 20 in Qatar and runs for four weeks.