The Premier League has nominated eight players for the EA SPORTS Player of the Season award for the 2021/22 season.
Liverpool and Manchester City have dominated the list with each team having two players nominated for the award. Mohamed Salah and Trent Alexander-Arnold are on the list together with Kevin de Bruyne and his teammate Cancelo.
Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka, Son Heung-min, Jarrod Bowen (West Ham), and James Ward-Prowse (Southampton) are other players on the list.
Shortlist / Performance
- Trent Alexander-Arnold – He has scored three goals while providing 12 assists, the second-most of all players.
- Jarrod Bowen – He is the only second West Ham player to reach double figures for both assists and goals. He has netted ten goals while providing ten in the process.
- Joao Cancelo – Cancelo has played most of the minutes of any of their outfield players, completing the most passes in the division and scoring or assisting eight goals.
- Kevin De Bruyne – The Belgian has 5 goals and seven assists.
- Bukayo Saka – The England international has 11 goals and six assists.
- Mohamed Salah – The Egyptian has 22 goals and this season became only the sixth player to score 20+ goals in four different Premier League seasons.
- Son Heung-min – The second top scorer with 21 goals, none of his strikes have come from the penalty spot.
- James Ward-Prowse – Four of his nine goals have come from trademark direct free-kicks.
Who will you crown @EASPORTSFIFA Player of the Season? 👑
— Premier League (@premierleague) May 13, 2022