Chelsea will face London rivals Tottenham Hotspur thrice this month, with the first of those matches tonight, in the first leg of a two-legged Carabao Cup semifinal.
The Blues will be looking to take the first step in booking a place in the final of England’s third-tier club competition in a clash that will see former manager Antonio Conte in the dugout.
Ahead of the match, here are some stats and key information;
Chelsea vs Tottenham head to head
- This is the eighth time Chelsea and Tottenham have met in the League Cup and fourth at the semi-final stage
- It’s the most Chelsea have played any side in the competition
- This is Chelsea’s 57th major semi-final clash and 15tth in the League Cup
- The Blues have progressed to the finals of the competition eight times
- Thomas Tuchel’s side are looking to progress to teh final of the competition for the first time since the 2019/19 season
- Chelsea are aiming to win the competition for the first time since they beat Tottenham in 2015 in the final
- They have reached their third semi-final in under a year since the arrival of Thomas Tuchel
- Chelsea are aiming to reach the final of a major competition for the sixth successive season for the first time in their history
- Thomas Tuchel’s side are unbeaten at Stamford Bridge in 11 matches in all competitions since the 0-1 defeat by Manchester City in September
- Tottenham are appearing in their third League Cup semi-final in the last four seasons and seventeenth overall
- In fact, their last major trophy was in this competition in 2008 when they defeated Chelsea 2-1 at Wembley Stadium
- Tottenham have won two of their last seven away games in all competitions, losing three of them
- Antonio Conte is unbeaten in domestic games since he joined Tottenham in November, winning six and drawing three
- He is the first Spurs manager to go unbeaten in their first eight Premier League matches in charge of the club
Catch Chelsea vs Tottenham live updates on Futaa!