Ajax striker Sebastien Haller continued with his impressive scoring run in UEFA’s biggest club competition, the Champions League, as Ajax drew 2-2 away to Benfica Wednesday night.
The Ivory Coast international had scored 10 goals in six group matches prior to last night’s clash in Portugal, and he showed once again why he has become a fan favourite.
Dusan Tadic gave the Amsterdam-based side the lead in the 18th minute, but Haller conceded a 26th-minute own goal to draw the hosts level.
He however made amends three minutes later as he gave Ajax the lead, only for Benfica to equalise with less than 20 minutes to go.
The goal was his 11th of the season in the competition, further wheeling away from Robert Lewandowski and Mohamed Salah in second and third respectively.
Here are the top scorers;
- 11 Sébastien Haller (Ajax)
- 9 Robert Lewandowski (Bayern)
- 8 Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
- 7 Christopher Nkunku (Leipzig)
- 6 Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)
- 6 Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City)
- 5 Leroy Sané (Bayern)
- 5 Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
- 5 Lionel Messi (Paris)
- 5 Kylian Mbappé (Paris)
- 4 Pedro Gonçalves (Sporting CP)
- 4 Arnaut Danjuma (Villarreal)
- 4 Antoine Griezmann (Atlético)